Machine Screws Drill/Tap Info Version 1.6.0 update is released!
- Added table entry STI Roll Tap Drill Sizes
- Table entry STI Tap Drill renamed to STI Cut Tap Drill
Machine Screws Drill/Tap Info Version 1.5.9e update is released!
(Note versions 1.5.6 through 1.5.8 were beta versions)
A. Android 5.0 Support removed from 1.5.9b
causing crashes with license server
B. Security Updates
C. General bug fixes/code clean up
D. Database directory corrections
E. Bug Fixes for Large Screens
F. 1.5.9 <-> 1.5.9d more bug fixes
G. Fixed Screen formating issued
H. Corrections for #5-40 UNC clearance hole size from 5/16 to 5/32
I. Fix Screw Size not seen on some tablets/phones
Sorry for all the display errors – I made a program change to the display size calculation (density) in particular and that hosed up how the layouts form. Some folks saw no changes others saw big changes or even crashes. All my fault and sorry for the trouble. Version 1.5.9d has testing on several devices, Note 3, Atrix, Nexus One, Kindle Fire to ensure fixes are covered.
Machine Screws Drill/Tap Info Version 1.5.4 released recently – so check Google Play for an update. This is a minor update to the STI database for UNC and UNF screws.
Version 1.5.4 Update:
– Updated STI tap drill sizes for UNC & UNF screws per latest Heli-Coil Data
Check out this cool listing of great apps for electrical engineers!
Scroll down to #84 for one of our apps!
As a “seasoned” Mechanical Engineer (now Project Engineer) working with a company that builds rugged PC’s, I have a few apps that I would recommend to any engineers young and old (besides mine too). Ranked in order (that I use them) are:
1. Machine Screws Drill/Tap Info – https://play.google.com/store/
Great for screw sizes, drill sizes, and tapping
2a. Evernote – https://play.google.com/
2b. Skitch – https://play.google.com/
2c. Evernote Widget – https://play.google.com/
Evernote bundle – essential for note taking and retention – been a staple for me for years – use it everyday
3. Stopwatch & Timer – https://play.google.com/
Often during testing you need a stop watch app – this is the best.
4. Smart Tools – https://play.google.com/
This bundle has many tools a EE/ME/Chem E/Civil E and others will use – a well written app
5. Convert Pad – https://play.google.com/
Engineers must convert units – this app has it all and is well written and works great
3. Real Calculator Plus – https://play.google.com/
My 1st love for a calculator is my 20 year old HP-48GX, but it is not around – this app does the job and more
4a. Math Lab Calculator Pro – https://play.google.com/store/
4b. Fraction Calculator PRO/EDU – https://play.google.com/
Often a solution of several equations and graphs are needed – these two apps rip up algebra and more. (I often use it to check my kids algebra homework!)
5. SketchBook Pro – https://play.google.com/
Often you need to sketch an idea with more detail – so if Skitch doesn’t answer the need, this app does
6. UpCode – https://play.google.com/store/
When you are working with parts and components they often have a bar code or UPC code – this app decodes many formats. This app replaced Google Goggles for me especially for harder to decode 2D codes
7. Electrodroid – https://play.google.com/
For a EE, this app would be at the top of the list (but I’m a ME). However, I do have electrical home projects and hobbies. This app does the job and then some!
8. If you do Project Engineering, my other app will come in handy for calculating dates between tasks. Jim’s Date Calc: https://play.google.com/
Jim’s Date Calculator was recently updated to v1.5.2
Version 1.5.2 Update:
– minor bug fixes
– all strings localized – will work with a localization apps
– added option to switch from English to Italiano (in settings)
– added several date format options – changes buttons
– press and hold on date selectors now have more date format options
– fixed “December” typo
New video uploaded too!
To request access to the private beta test community, go to this link: https://plus.google.com/u/1/communities/112826795262515252202
Then request access. Currently, only beta in Progress is Jim’s Date Calc.
Other applications will be added in the future.
Please post comments is this private community; basic rules apply, so keep it positive.
Jim’s Date Calculator was recently updated to v1.5.0.
Version 1.5.0 Update:
-many bug fixes
-error/accuracy correction for large date calculations
-fixed Samsung Multi-Window
-eDays can now add start/end date
-added Day Counts
-can export counts via Share button
-updated about dialog
-reduced 9/80 calculations to weeks/days only (prevents errors)
-corrected layout issues
-corrected rotation bug
-date selector highlights selected date
-corrected date crash when going from 31 day calendar to 30 or 28 day calendar
-added year input on year selector
Machine Screws Drill/Tap Info Version 1.5.3 released recently – so check Google Play for an update. This is an important update, fixes a minor issue/crash seen when changing orientation while a dialog box is shown.
Version 1.5.3 Update:
– Crash during rotation while dialog showing fixed
– Added 15/16-12 UN screw, fixed 15/16-16 UN & 15/16-28 UN sizes
– Added missing 9/16-24, 15/16-20, 1-1/16 -18, 1-3/16 -18, 1-7/16 -18,
1 -9/16 -18, 1-5/8 -18, & 1-11/16 -18 UNEF sizes
– Updated drill chart with new sizes